What is laser alignment?
Laser alignment is a fast and easy method to ensure your tires are in the correct position. Laser beams are used to check if your wheels are aligned with the right angles to ensure your vehicle rolls smoothly.
Our SoCal Truck & Tire Center technicians will start by attaching brackets to the wheels. With an overhead projector, laser beams will shine onto each wheel, and technicians can view the position of light through a scale to determine if the wheels are in or out of alignment. Once the misalignment is established, we can adjust the wheels to their perfect position.
When do you need an alignment?
- Uneven tire wear
- The steering wheel starts to vibrate
- The steering wheel is off-centered
- Your vehicle begins pulling to the right or left, even when steering straight
What does a laser alignment check?
SoCal Truck & Tire Center uses laser alignment to check three angles of your wheels:
- The Toe: The inward or outward angle of the wheel.
- Camber: The vertical angle of the wheels. When the top of the tire is turned inward, that is called negative camber. Positive camber is when the top of the tire is angled outward.
- Caster: This shows if the steering axis is pointing forward or backward.
Call now to schedule an appointment to visit our shop or receive a mobile visit today!